Orange Cucumber Sausage Salad
Try this delicious and different salad idea
- 400g Chicken Sausages.
- 150g long grain rice.
- 3tblsps salad oil, pepper and dry mustard to taste.
- 1 orange, pelled and cut into segments.
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and seeded and roughly chopped.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced.
- 1 level tblsp chopped chives.
Pile into serving dish and arrange sausages on top.
- Fry sausages gently for about 6 minutes, remove from pan and leave to cool.
- Cook rice until tender then drain.
- Blend oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and mustard to taste then stir into rice and leave until cold.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
A meaty and satisfying meal, perfect for Father's Day or any other special occassion
- Farmer's Choice Chicken Value Pack Sausages.
- Potatoes, Olive oil.
- Rosemary sprigs, marmalade, mustars and cider.
- Preheat your oven to fan 180C/conventional 200C/gas 6. Cut the potatoes into halves or quarters depending on their size and put them into a large roasting tin. Drizzle with the olive and roast for 10 minutes.
- Take the tin out of the oven and snuggle the sausages in between the potatoes so they sit on the bottom of the tin. Roast for another 15 minutes, turning the sausages over at half time so they brown all over.
- While you're waiting for the sausages to cook, gently heat the marmalade, mustard and cider in a small pan, stirring until the marmalade has melted. Increase the heat and boil heat and boil for a few minutes until reduced by about half.
- Pour the sauce over the sausages and potatoes and toss gently together. Scatter the rosemary sprigs on top, return to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes until golden brown and sticky with the glaze. Sprinkle with salt and coarsely ground black pepper before serving.
Chopped Sausages Salad
- Take a packet of 400g Chicken Sausages & Poultry Viennas.
- Cook the two types of Sausages in two different pans. Boil the Poultry Viennas separately and keep them aside.
- Once the Sausages have turned golden brown, remove them from the pan to cool on a plate.
- Chop all the Sausages into one-inch chunks and mix with your favourite salad products.
- Best when served on a hot day.
Sausage in Parsely Sauce
Add a little salt if required and serve.
- Take 1kg pack of Farmer's Choice Spicy Chicken Sausages.
- Cook in a little oil till golden brown. Turn off the heat and rest the sausages in the pan.
- Prepare your parsely sauce.
- Melt 4oz butter in a panand remove from heat.
- Add 4oz plain flour and mix well.
- Add a litre of milk into the flour and butter drop by drop and mix to avoid any lumps.
- Return to the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 2oz chopped parsely and bring back to heat.
- Pour contents into the pan with sausages.
Sausage Casserole Rice
Economical and nutritious, an ideal family dinner.
- 400g cold but cooked Chicken Sausages.
- 200g tomatoes, skinned and sliced.
- 2 level tblsps tomato ketchup.
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped, pepper and salt.
- 150g long grain rice.
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce.
- 100g grated cheddar cheese.
Serve straight away.
- Slice sausages into 1" chunks.
- Cook rice until tender and drain.
- Put tomatoes, water, ketchup and worcestershire sauce into a saucepan and boil.
- Add sausages, rice and eggs thenstir in 75g cheese.
- Season to taste then transfer to hot pot dish.
- Sprinle remaining cheese on top then brown under hot grill.
- Sausages should be stored in the refrigerator immediately after purchasing. Cook them within two days of purchase or freeze them in the deep freezer.
- Use a non stick pan for best results when cooking. Spray on a light coat of oil if your pan is not non-stick
- Warm the pan up to a medium setting and never on high heat.
- The key to cooking sausages is to never push too much heat too quickly; a gentle even heat is the best cooking method. Maintain the low heat to avoid burning your sausages too quickly.