Orange Cucumber Sausage Salad
Try this delicious and different salad idea.
- 400g Premium Pork Sausages.
- 150g long grain rice
- 3tablespoon salad oil, 1 table spoon vinegar, salt, pepper and dry mustard to taste.
- 1 orange peeled and cut into segments.
- 2 large tomatoes peeled and seeded and roughly chopped.
- 1 small cucumber peeled and diced.
- 1 level tablespoon chopped chives.
- Fry sausages gently for about 6 minutes or untill cooked , remove from pan and leave to cool.
- cook rice until tender then drain.
- Blend oil, Vinegar, salt, pepper and mustard to taste then stir into rice and leave until cold.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Pile into serving dish and arrange the sausages on top.
Saucy Sausage Pasta
- Classic Pork Sausages
- Onion, Garlic & Tomatoes
- Chilli Powder
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and fry the sausage chunks on medium heat until they are golden brown. Now turn the heat down and add the onion and garlic, cooking them until they have softened.
- Stir in the chilli powder and tomatoes with the sausages bring the sauce to the boil then turn the eat down and let it bubble for about 10 minutes while you cook the pasta.
- Put the pasta into a pan of boiling water and coo according to the pack instructions. Drain the pasta, then put it into the frying pan with the sausage sauce, mixing well to coat. Dish up immediately with crysty bread.
- Sausages should be stored in the refrigerator immediately after purchasing. Cook them within two days of purchase or freeze them in the deep freezer.
- Use a non stick pan for best results when cooking. Spray on a light coat of oil if your pan is not non-stick
- Warm the pan up to a medium setting and never on high heat.
- The key to cooking sausages is to never push too much heat too quickly; a gentle even heat is the best cooking method. Maintain the low heat to avoid burning your sausages too quickly.